Welcome to the Camp Blue Ridge Blog, “Letters from Camp.” Here we’ll try and give you a little peek into camp life with updates and details all the way from the Blue Ridge Mountains. #CBRForever!
- How to Pack for Special Events at CBR - One of the greatest part of overnight camp is the special events and wacky relays that take place weekly! The weeks at camp are action packed with activities, and the weekends are full of mud races, relay races, olympic days, decathlons, and more! Recreational summer camps are known for special … Continue reading
- Take a Tour - Visit us for a Tour Take a tour to get the best sense of what we have to offer and how we can customize to help facilitate a great retreat for your group. During your tour, you will be able to ask the questions that are specific to your group, … Continue reading
- 48th Annual Reunion! - Join us for our 48th annual Camp Blue Ridge reunion and get together! Sunday, March 5th 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM @ Temple Dor Dorim- 2360 Glades Circle, Weston FL, 33327 Meet the Owners, Directors, & Staff! Purchase 2017 camp clothing! Sweepstakes drawing to win up to 50% off tuition! … Continue reading
- 21 Signs You Go To Sleep Away Camp - The phrase “living 10 months for 2″ is something we hear quite often from our campers at Camp Blue Ridge. It’s no doubt we all wait 10 months out of the year just to get back at our favorite place for a short 2 months that fly by! Summer camp … Continue reading
- Why Being a Camp Counselor is the Best Job You’ll Ever Have - You become a role model to your campers. As a camp counselor, you are the most important person in your camper’s camp life at that time. They will want to dress how you dress, act how you act, eat what you eat, listen to the music you do, etc. It … Continue reading
- As Summer Gets Closer, Our Kids and Staff Get Fired Up! - As June gets closer and closer, we can feel the camp energy in the air! There is nothing like the excitement that comes with the first day of sleep away camp! One of the best parts about a recreational summer camp like Camp Blue Ridge, is the non stop, action … Continue reading
- How Do I Prepare My Child for Camp Blue Ridge - For parents, the most heart racing, adrenalin-pumping moments happen when you let go and watch your child try something on his or her own. The moment the training wheels come off, the first trip down the driveway on the skateboard, the time our children ride the school bus – these … Continue reading
- How to Give your Child the Best Summer Camp Experience - Summer camp has all types of children; children who react differently to certain situations, socialize differently, and take away from experiences differently. No matter what type of child you are sending away to sleep away summer camp, a positive and enriching outcome will always result. When sending your child to … Continue reading
- Because of Camp - By choosing a summer camp experience for your child, you’ve committed to their growth in the summer months, and for months to come. For a camper, at summer camp they see days filled with laughter, friends, adventure, and countless memories made. For a parent and camp director, at summer camp … Continue reading
- A Letter From A Camper - Although I am only 14 years old, I can honestly say that some of the experiences I’ve had at summer camp I will remember for the rest of my life. Some of the things that I’ve had the opportunity to do at camp most people will never do in their … Continue reading
Are you a staff member looking to post a Letter from Camp?