Here you’ll find all the rules, regulations, policies and procedures that you can expect from Blue Ridge Camp. This information is for parents and campers alike, and you can register at no cost.
1. FEES: All fees are due March 1st for all sessions. Please send a check to the Florida office for full payment. Camper registration is not complete until the full fee is paid and all forms and documentation are received. Cabin and bed assignments will not be held without full payment.
2. TELEPHONE CALLS: Campers may receive a call from home after the second week of camp by appointment only. Please call our main office after June 8th at 706-746-5491 to make an appointment to speak to your child. The appointment date should be after the second week of camp and between the hours of 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Cell phones are prohibited in camp and will be confiscated. Parents may arrange, through the Directors, conversations with the medical staff, head counselors or general counselors. In the case of medical issues of more than one day, birthdays, or other special circumstances, parents may speak with their children, as well.
3. CLOTHING, SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT: The Camp Blue Ridge clothing list is a maximum list your child needs for a 10 day period. Please do not supply your child with excess clothing as each child will have limited space for storage. Please do not send delicate or expensive clothing that might get damaged during the cleaning process. Please label every article with a laundry marker. All supplies and equipment must also be labeled. Remind your child to be responsible for those items.
Each camper needs 2 laundry bags and 2 small mesh bags for smaller items. A shower caddie for toiletries is recommended. Every child needs 2 Camp Blue Ridge T-shirts; they must be worn at the airport and on all field trips. Your child must not wear clothing with metal parts to the airport.
4. CAMP CLOTHING: Please purchase camp clothing no later than April 1st. Clothing ordered after April 1st will be delivered at camp. Please use the clothing order form in “Forms”. Please make all clothing checks payable to: CAMP CONSULT CORPORATION. Camp clothing will also be available for purchase at our February Get-Together.
5. LAUNDRY: Camp Blue Ridge does have a linen service; however, all campers must have their own blanket and pillow. Please do not supply sheets.
6. VALUABLES: Do not send your child with valuables such as jewelry, electronic games, expensive toys or clothing. The camp cannot be responsible for the care of those items.
7. ELECTRONICS: Two-way radios, laptops,I-Touches and cell phones, or any devise that can access the internet, are prohibited from use in camp and will be confiscated. A simple MP3 player should be used for music.
8. PHOTOGRAPHY: For privacy purposes, photography of any kind is prohibited inside the cabin areas. Digital cameras are required for photography class.
9. INTERNET: Camp Blue Ridge assumes no responsibility for any internet communication by campers and staff . Social media sites, Youtube, or any other internet access is not sanctioned by Blue Ridge Camp.
10. EMAIL/GALLERY: Please email [email protected] for information regarding email access and the photo gallery. To enhance photo access, CBR will use Facebook.
11. COLORS: To enhance your child’s involvement during many special events consider including attire for the following: talent shows, dances (Hawaiian Luaus, 60’s, psychedelic themes). The following colors will be used for various special events: red, white, blue, purple, gold, orange and green.
12. TRAVEL: Please supply your child with 1 carry-on for travel. This carry-on be large enough for the last two days of clothing and bedding but not exceed the airline’s carry-on baggage requirements. All travel information will be announced prior to April 1st and sent out via email to all registered campers. PLEASE OBTAIN A SEAT ASSIGNMENT WHEN PURCHASING YOUR CHILD’S TICKET OUTSIDE OF THE TRAVEL AGENT.
13. BAGGAGE: All baggage information will be sent via email attachment to all registered families. Feel free to contact our office for any information.
14. SPENDING MONEY: Please send us a debit card from MasterCard or Visa (not Amex) for your child’s field trip spending allowance 3 weeks prior to your child’s arrival. Cash and checks will not be accepted. Please take the card OUT of the packaging and activate prior to your child’s arrival. Make sure to write your child’s name on the card in permanent marker.
15. GRATUITIES: If you wish to tip your child’s counselor, we recommend $20 per 2-week session, $35.00 per counselor per 5 week session, $50 for 7-week session. Please send all tips to the camp, either directly to the staff member or to the camp in their name for distribution.
16. FORMS: Please fill out all SUMMER FORMS online no later than March 1st. In our continuing effort to go GREEN and paperless all registration will be online, as will all of our summer forms.
17. HEALTH POLICIES: All campers must have an up-to-date medical form, completed by a physician, prior to their arrival at camp. Additionally, 4 other pages must be completed by the parent. Please make sure that all necessary signatures are completed. Have all medical instructions in writing and signed by the camper’s physician. Camp health professionals cannot treat any child without a signed and completed health form.The camp maintains a policy of notifying parents of illnesses or injuries. Should a health problem arise, parents will be notified. Please have all dental work completed prior to camp. Please email [email protected],stating that your child is clear of lice, sent within 3 days prior to the child’s arrival at camp. Being pro-active we have an independent company, The Lice Ladies, do an additional head check upon the camper’s arrival and parent’s will be responsible if any treatment is necessary.
18. MEDICATION: CAMPMEDS is our medications provider for any child on daily meds. Follow the directions on the documents provided by going to www.CampMeds.com. After registering with CAMPMEDS, contact them 1 week prior to camp to insure that your child’s medication is prepared and being delivered to camp. All medications are stored in the infirmary for safety, proper distribution, and accurate record keeping. Do not supply your child with any medication for personal handling and usage.
ALL PRN MEDICATION MUST BE SENT 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR CHILD’S ARRIVAL AT CAMP. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MEDICATION AFTER THAT DATE OR AT CAMP UPON PARENT VISITATION FOR ANY REASON. All unused medication will be put in the camper’s carry-on for travel home.
19. CAMP SUMMER CONTACT INFORMATION:
P.O. Box R
HWY 411 &Playhouse Dr.
Mountain City, GA 30562
(Be sure to put your child’s name on mail and packages. See below for rules regarding packages.)
20. FIELD TRIPS: Your child may elect to sign up for various hiking, climbing, horseback riding and whitewater rafting trips. The schedule is posted at camp weekly. The entire camp field trip dates will be announced and emailed to all registered families.
21. PACKAGES: Do not send food packages to your child. Do not send anything that can be mistaken as a weapon . Do not send any medication. Do not send any dangerous games (water balloons, sling shots , water guns, etc…). All packages will be opened in the office prior to distribution. The number of packages is limited to 1 per week per camper.
21. SESSION DROP-OFF AND PICK-P DATES AND TIMES:
SESSION A: June 12, Sunday Drop-off 11am-5pm June 25, Saturday Pick-up 10am-12
SESSION B: June 26, Sunday Drop-off 11am-5pm July 31, Sunday Pick-up 9am-11
SESSION C: June 12, Sunday Drop-off 11am-5pm July 31, Sunday Pick-up 9am-11
22. GUEST VISITATION:
Visitor’s Day: July 9 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
23. GUEST ACCOMMODATIONS: For recommended accommodations and restaurants please visit: www.GAMountains.com.
24. TERMS & POLICIES: By completing your camper documents online and checking the box to submit it verifies your acceptance of all terms and policies of Camp Blue Ridge.
25. FINANCIAL POLICIES:
TOTAL CAMP FEE MUST BE PAID NO LATER THAN MARCH 1, 2016, FOR PROPER BUNK PLACEMENT.
Finance charges will be added after March 13, 2016.
There will be no deductions or refunds from the fees if a camper arrives late or leaves early.
There will be no tuition refund if the camper is sent home due to behavior unacceptable to Camp Blue Ridge, or leaving due to parent/camper request, or cancellation after March 1, 2016.
Conduct of campers and parents are governed by the terms of this application and by such other rules and regulations as are necessary to the safety, well-being and enjoyment of our campers. A Parents’ Manual of all pertinent camp information and regulations will be on our website at www.blueridgecamp.com. Please read and advise your child of all regulations. Campers must meet the health and maturity standards deemed appropriate for Blue Ridge Camp. Disclosure of all medical and psychological treatments, past and present, is required prior to enrollment. A completed Blue Ridge Camp health form must be submitted prior to enrollment or the health care staff will NOT be able to care for the child.
I agree that any dispute concerning, relating, arising out of or referring to the subject matter of this contract shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration in Rabun County, Georgia, according to the then existing commercial rules of the American Arbitration Association and the substantive laws of that state.
The arbitrator and not any federal, state or local court or agency shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, conscionability, or formation of this contract, including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this contract is void or violable.
Camp Blue Ridge Camper Contract
Please mail contract to: Camp Blue Ridge, PO Box R, Mountain City, GA 30562
1. THE USE OR POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, MARIJUANA, OR ANY CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES OR NONPRESCRIPTION DRUGS IS NOT TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE SENT HOME IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT A REFUND.
2. CABINS ARE PRIVATE AND OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THAT CABIN AND GENDER ONLY.
3. LEAVING THE CABIN AFTER CAMPER CURFEW AND PRIOR TO WAKEUP IS PROHIBITED. OFFENDERS WILL BE SENT HOME WITHOUT A REFUND.
4. PHYSICAL AND/OR VERBAL HOSTILITIES ARE PROHIBITED. BULLYING, TEASING AND RIDICULING OTHERS WILL NO BE TOLERATED.
5. WEAPONS, FIREWORKS, LIGHTERS OR MATCHES, RISQUE MATERIAL, 2-WAY RADIOS, CELL PHONES, AND FOOD ARE NOT PERMITTED ON CAMP PROPERTY.
6. ANY MEDICATION, PRESCRIPTION OR NON-PRESCRIPTION, MUST BE KEPT IN THE INFIRMARY.
7. MAINTAINING YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS IS PART OF CAMP LIFE AND YOUR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
8. GRAFFITI AND OTHER FORMS OF VANDALISM IS UNACCEPTABLE AND RESTITUTION TO BLUE RIDGE CAMP WILL BE IN ORDER.
9. RESPECT FOR NATURE AND THE ENVIRONMENT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
CAMPER NAME (PRINTED)______________________________________________
PARENT AUTHORIZATION: THE PERSON HEREIN DESCRIBED HAS PERMISSION TO ENGAGE IN ALL CAMP ACTIVITIES EXCEPT AS NOTED BY MYSELF OR A PHYSICIAN. I HEREBY GIVE MY PERMISSION TO THE CAMP PHYSICIAN SELECTED BY THE CAMP DIRECTORS TO ORDER X-RAYS, ROUTINE TESTS, AND TREATMENT FOR THE HEALTH OF MY CHILD. IN THE EVENT I CANNOT BE REACHED IN AN EMERGENCY I HEREBY GIVE PERMISSION TO THE PHYSICIAN SELECTED BY THE CAMP DIRECTORS TO HOSPITALIZE AND SECURE PROPER TREATMENT FOR MY CHILD AS NAMED ABOVE.
I HAVE READ THE POLICIES WRITTEN ON EACH PAGE OF THE REGISTRATION FORM AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM.
PARENT NAME (PRINTED)___________________________________________________________________
Camper Personal Profile Information
Please list any information needed that will enable us to make your child’s summer a safe, healthy and happy one.
CABIN ASSIGNMENT REQUEST(TOP/BOTTOM + FRIEND):_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I GIVE PERMISSION FOR MY CHILD TO HAVE IBUPROFEN AND/OR ACETAMINOPHEN. PARENT SIGNATURE:__________________________________________________________________________________