Welcome to the Camp Blue Ridge Blog, “Letters from Camp.” Here we’ll try and give you a little peek into camp life with updates and details all the way from the Blue Ridge Mountains. #CBRForever!
- Book Your Retreat at Camp Blue Ridge Retreat + Event Center - Camp Blue Ridge, in North Georgia, just 2 hours North of Atlanta, is the perfect spot to host your retreat group event! Sitting on 250 beautiful acres, Camp Blue Ridge is ready to host your group of 50 – 350 people for anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks! CBR … Continue reading
- Georgia Sleep Away Camp has South Florida Reunion Party - Every year, after a great season of summer camp, Camp Blue Ridge has their annual Fall Party in South Florida! Campers, parents, staff, families, prospectives, alumni, and all are welcomed for a day of food, fun, friends, and camp! The Fall party hosted by Camp Blue Ridge, a residential sleep … Continue reading
- The 50 Year Mark - After much anticipation, it is safe to say that summer 2019, Camp Blue Ridge’s 50th Anniversary summer, was a huge success! We are proud to be one to the top summer camps in North Georgia! 240 campers packed their bags and set away for what was soon to be an … Continue reading
- Hands in the Air for Six Flags - Tomorrow, all CBR campers will be making their way to the amazing amusement park, Six Flags Over Georgia. Each summer, we take our campers here for an all camp field trip and each time is so much more fun than the last. Cabins categorize each camper into no riders, some … Continue reading
- The 50th Anniversary Decathlon - It’s that time of the year again! It’s the time where campers compete against each other to break records and prove their strength and endurance in the CBR decathlon. This year will be the 50th decathlon at CBR and we hope we aren’t disappointed. There are various activities for the … Continue reading
- The Annual CBR District Games - This past Sunday night was like no other. The teens had just gotten back from their long and exhausting day at the Lake Lanier Water Park and the freshmen/junior village had a nice day of activities. After dinner, each village went to their night activity, not knowing that in just … Continue reading
- Fourth of July Extravaganza - Thursday may seem like any other normal camp day, but this Thursday was absolutely not! It was the fourth of July and you could feel the excitement in the atmosphere here at CBR. While activities carried out normally, counselors and campers were extra enthusiastic and decked out in red, white, … Continue reading
- A Day in the Life of a CBR Camper - Today we are in our third rotation for activities and the campers are finally getting the hang of things. Campers get to choose their own activities every three days, so this way they have the chance to try out every activity or continue to learn more in specific activity areas. … Continue reading
- Bigs and Littles - Most children at camp, especially younger and newer campers, have trouble being away from home. Homesickness is at its peak the first few days of camp because everyone is adjusting to their new life at sleep away camp. To make that transition a bit easier, we assign each of the … Continue reading
- Camp Blue Ridge’s 50th Anniversary Extravaganza - This past Sunday was CBR’s 50th anniversary where everyone got together to celebrate the wonderful place so many people call home. Parents were dropping off their children, alumni were comparing the old and the new things about camp, and the staff were anxiously waiting on the brand new session B … Continue reading
Are you a staff member looking to post a Letter from Camp?