Hi – So you’re thinking of joining our camp FAMILY ???
A Camp Blue Ridge staff member needs to be an “activity oriented” individual, willing to work for the needs of the children. Staff members receive weekly days off, nights off and a competitive salary. Our program facilities are exemplary and our living quarters are very comfortable – we even have air-conditioned cabins + WI-FI. SO much to do on your days and nights off as well, since we are in a very big tourist area. Ask about our internship program for college and university credit with salary.
Activity counselors can choose from our long list of activities offered at Camp Blue Ridge and see where their areas of expertise lie.
Our medical staff of RN’s, LPN’s and LNP’s help our campers stay healthy during their time at camp as well as distribute any medication they may need.
Support staff work in our kitchen/dining hall and laundry facilities. We also have maintenance positions available as well.
Fill out our application now to find your spot at CBR.
*Application may not display correctly on mobile devices.
- Family members including children
- Old and valued friends
- Former Camp Directors
- Friends or family members of the board of directors
- Previous staff who have demonstrated questionable behaviors with campers
- Criminal record involving children
- History of any violent behaviors
- Ever listed in an abuse registry
- Suicide attempts or ideation
- Drug addiction at any age
- Domestic violence
- Fired from any congregate care work
- Watches child pornography
- Internet contacts with children without parental permission
- Have you ever been terminated from camp employment?
- Have you ever been accused or arrested for any inappropriate sexual behaviors?
- Is there anything on social media about you that would be upsetting to a parent or camp leadership?
- What would you do if you witnessed your best friend abuse a child at camp?
- How do you feel about a 19-year-old counselor who has had sex with a 15-year-old camper who was consenting?
- Under what conditions would you excuse child abuse at camp?
- What issues of privacy are campers entitled to at camp?
- What do you know about child abuse?
- What role do you think you have in the prevention of child sexual abuse?
- Under what condition should a known child molester be permitted to work at camp?
- What would make you suspicious about a staff person with regard to this issue?
- What would you do if you thought your supervisor was sexually involved with a camper?
- How do you feel about the laws that track child molesters?
- Do you know the name of the Law?
- Do you watch child pornography?